New user interface, new tools, and new process enhancements combine to help you get your work done faster and easier than ever before with the design and development solution chosen by millions of users worldwide.
- Speed Up Your Design Process
- SOLIDWORKS speeds up your design process, keeps you focused on your work, and helps reduce time and effort to achieve your desired geometry.
- Increase Productivity
- Enhancements to the User Interface and workflows focus you on design (not the design tool) to increase productivity. The new look and feel is consistent across all of the SOLIDWORKS applications, for easy transition between tools.
- Solidworks Solutions
- SOLIDWORKS design tools can help you conceptualize, visualize, test, and document your 3D designs, getting your products to market faster. Check out how our entire product portfolio works together to design different components of a smart refrigerator.
- Verify Design Performance
- SOLIDWORKS 2016 Simulation tools deliver more control and greater insight to verify design performance. Ensure sufficient detail in mesh density to accurately account for stress variations, to be confident in resulting performance data.
- Flatten Everything
- Many industries require flat patterns of complex geometry for manufacturing. Now you can flatten any surface and take the guesswork out of creating and validating flattened shapes.
- Animate Assembly Motion
- New Mate Controller simplifies manipulation of assemblies with moving components, even those with many degrees of freedom, creating multiple solutions. Similar to a game controller, the new Mate Controller is an easy, intuitive way to create and animate complicated assembly motion.
- Communicate Designs
- Downstream visualization of information is critical to engineering. eDrawings® improves collaboration and communication of designs throughout product development.
- Solidworks Visualize
- In order to quickly and easily create marketing quality images, SOLIDWORKS Professional and Premium now come bundled with SOLIDWORKS Visualize (Formerly Bunkspeed). This new pairing supports an enhanced workflow to get from CAD to “Photo” in just five fun steps.
- Communicate With Manufacturing
- Manufacturers look to optimize how they work with suppliers. New enhancements to SOLIDWORKS MBD help you quickly and accurately communicate your design with downstream manufacturing operations.
- Operating Systems
- Windows 10, 64-bit Professional and Enterprise
- Windows 8.1, 64-bit Professional, Enterprise and Standard
- Windows 7 SP1, 64-bit Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional and Home Premium
- 8GB or more recommended
- Disk Space
- 5 GB or more
- Video Card
- Certified cards and drivers
- Intel or AMD with SSE2 support. 64-bit operating system required
- Internet Explorer
- IE 10,11
- Excel and Word
- 2010, 2013